2013's most annoying things for OzM:
1. Family knowing that other family members are struggling, heartsick and just having a rough time in general but turning a completely blind eye to the issue and remaining self-absorbed and ignoring their own obligations to said family member(s).
2. The "my shit don't stink" people.
3. Having your intelligence questioned because you don't believe the way someone else does (on any number of things; not necessarily religion).
4. Waiting and waiting on karmic payback.
5. Finally: Those that forever scam the system but come out smelling like roses regardless of how many levels of crap they've dove into while those that follow the rules and do the right thing are forever being screwed over....and over....and over.
Okay...now that that hissy fit is over (brought to you by so many things)....what are your plans for 2014?
Still working out the bare bones of ours. Budget is being worked on as incoming numbers have changed in the past month. Outgoing numbers are relatively the same but we're upping the amount paid in on the vehicles in hopes of wiping that out sooner (especially since the Durango is just a very expensive yard decoration right now...see gofundme goo to the left and if you feel the need to help out, thanks...if not, still thanks). Credit reports are being pulled at the end of January and being gone over with a fine tooth comb as I've be remiss and not done that since some accounts were paid off.
Oh and nagging will commence soon....Tanker has not been as active in jostling the VA over treatment delays as he should. That will be changing...rapidly....as he is constantly in pain, despite meds, and has "numb" episodes more and more often. Not exactly conducive to healing. I kinda figure since we fall into some sort of gray area where we make too much for help, but not enough to do more than bail out the leaking boat with a teaspoon, and he's not rated at 100% (which is a requirement for most of the aid programs out there) that the VA should at least get him going to the point that pain isn't an issue holding him back from getting back to work (which is what he wants). Gonna be rough on him though as they want him to go back through physical therapy (because it worked soooo well the first time...note the sarcasm).
And I'm on the j-o-b hunt again (still but upping the search). Positive thoughts there would be greatly appreciated.
Alas, such is life.
Here's to hoping the next year is kinder to us all!