Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Little Too Quiet Lately...

I know I've been.  Still here, still kicking...but things on the homefront are about to be packed and moved again.

Yes, you read it right.  Stay here and watch Tanker slowly spiral into nothingness or move on back to KY and have some semblance of a life.  KY it is.  Too many factors to bother to explain, just understand that it's something that needs to be done and I'm surprisingly okay with it.

Keep in mind that despite all the work we've done to this place...it still is not in any kind of shape for the VA to approve a loan.  Another approx. $12k would have to be thrown at it before that would even be feasible.  Why do that when we can have brand spanking new at the same price (with less acreage, yes but still) in KY?  Just one more check in the 'pro move' column.

Other than the above craziness, my silence on all that is going down in the .gov should really speak volumes.  SHTF to follow; in what way...I don't know.  All I know is that I'm driven to get this move done and us settled as quickly as possible...in fact, it's literally almost a panic driven thing.  If we could up and go now, we would be gone.  I'd camp out in a tent, living out of the back of the Durango and trunk of the car at this point just to be done with MO and in KY.  Those that have hung here long enough know that means this 'drive' is bad.

I'm sad to leave the garden and the work we've put into the place thus far...sad to leave the friends we've made...but ready to be gone.  Ready to start yet another new chapter (I swear, I was a gypsy in a past life).

As sparse as it's been around here, look for more scarcity as we gear up to get moving.

No comments:

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts. --Edmund Burke