Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Little Political...A Little of Life...

still don't think the .gov is rolling over anyone and anything in its path?

Tell that to Morningland Dairy (local).

Sad and wasteful...our US Government...aren't we proud.  Amerika.

Now on to life on the 'Stead...

I came home with another dozen and a half hatching eggs (already 2 dozen in one incubator) and 10 new chicks (to add to the 4 I had here already), the original plan was to just get rid of some extra roos.  Plan fail.

Don't make fun of the Turken...Killer was free (before the new ten and before the loss of the puny one up front there):


And when I got to the coop, I found these...my poor girls hadn't gotten down out of the rafters for days because of the obscene amount of roos we had around here....problem no more!!



With the extra roos gone, the girls are happily out in the yard pecking around...without fear of having 6 guys jump them at once.  Here's to hoping that production picks up (which it should since tomorrow I'm adding 4 or 5 more hens...hehe).

That's my prepping for the week!  Now, off to fix some chicken noodle soup for dinner...youngest screamer requested it.

1 comment:

HermitJim said...

Nothing like having some yard fresh eggs to start the day!

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts. --Edmund Burke