Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thoughts...

on the 'shutdown'.....again.

I broke down and wrote my 'reps' again today.

I let them know that despite the probability of our losing out on VA pay this month, I'm good with a 'piecemeal' approach to getting the .gov moving again.

Why?

Because that's how we (people that have to budget) have to do it.  We have to go line by line and decide what is important enough to be kept and included in our budgets and how much we are willing to pay out of our limited funds for those things that aren't necessities.

I also let them know that the 'my way or no way' approach is really unacceptable...meaning I don't much like the idea of Mr. Prez saying that he's willing to negotiate IF the debt ceiling is raised and the shutdown ends.  Um, that's not really negotiating...from my understanding of the word negotiate that is.  I guess I should study up on the dictator's dictionary to get the correct understanding.

The frustration I have is from the blatant lack of disregard for the opinions and desires of the American public by our 'elected' officials.  But that will unfortunately not change anytime soon.

No comments:

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts. --Edmund Burke