Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Ramblings

Afternoon all...yeah, afternoon. Morning for me apparently. My sleep mechanism is going through a messed up phase...again. Happens every once in a while to me, my days and nights reverse. No matter how tired I am, I can't sleep and I end up staying up until the sun rises. I'll do this for a few days, then no sleep for 48hrs before a crash that readjusts me to normal sleep times. Weird, eh? Done it for years...still haven't figured out how to remedy it. I figure my body is doing it for a reason, I've yet to figure that out too.

For what it's worth, the lack of night sleep offers me a measure of quiet. Perfect time to reflect, take stock and make plans without interruption from the screamers or spousal unit. 'Course, my plans are flexible (as always) which means taking in an obscene amount of information to cover possibilities. Locations, travel time via car/foot, pros/cons...my poor brain is packed with information that many would find useless. Heaven help the soul that tries to disentangle it all.

Another peek into my twisted storage system called my mind. I'm gathering topos/info on not only trails for my impending flight to sanity but also info on local trails and backwoods that would make for decent 'get outta here' spots. I honestly don't foresee our 'lovely' landlord being a good guy in a SHTF situation, therefore I have to plan accordingly. Could do the whole parental unit thing and go to them, but really we lived with them for 3 months while getting back on our feet in '07/08...love them, but realized that there was a reason I got the heck outta there as soon as I could.

Sigh...life. One funky bad choice after another. It sucks to always have to choose the lesser of two evils. Why not one good, one evil...life in black and white so to speak. Well, that would just be downright boring, I think. It's the gray area that makes for challenges, learning opportunities and even fun. And what are we if we stop learning and living?

We are living in a time that presents us with so many chances to learn from challenges and yes, even have fun with them. My personal challenge is to see if I can get us (ie the family) ready enough to be able to throw what we need on our backs and BO to the backwoods...live that way for a two week minimum. Will I meet it? Doubt it (the spouse is a creature of comfort) but it's a fun challenge none the less. 'Specially since the budget doesn't allow for big time purchases (like a decent 3 season tent for 4). So I did some digging and found THIS.

Downright useful site if I say so myself. Gonna try my hand at a few of the smaller projects before my trip in May. Care to join me?


P.S. The title did warn that this would be rambly!

LINK FIXED!!

2 comments:

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

The Link you posted is reporting "error found"... just FYI

"One funky bad choice after another"

Yes Ma'am, you got this front right...

Jess (Ozark Momma) said...

Thanks for droppin' by Cyg...and thanks for the heads up on the link (all fixed now).

Oh so true, the funky bad choices...never fails to show in hindsight!

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts. --Edmund Burke