Friday, August 10, 2012

Sorry...

I've been such a Debby Downer lately...it really needs to stop 'cause whiny gets you nowhere (to quote myself when speaking to the screamers).

So instead, today, I'll share plans and ask you...folks that have listened to me whine for entirely too long...to opine with me.

I'm considering doing some seed bombing in the pasture this fall (4.5 acres of it...untouched in the past 4+ years...back 1/2 acre full of blackberries and is where the orchard will be eventually btw).  If it were you, in a Zone 5b micro-climate, what would you bomb with?  I don't want to seed the whole thing, just be kind of random with it.  Don't know what I'm talking about...check this video out.

Yeah, we plan on visiting the Ag Extension office before we get into any major endeavors; so the bombing would just mainly be a little boost to hopefully provide a little extra forage for the only animals we'll have in place before next spring:  chickens (and maybe turkeys...even though Tanker thinks I'm nuts).

And there you have it...opine away!

P.S.  This one will set the computer type drones off....bomb and nuts in the same post.  bwahahahahahaha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess, I was under the impression that you might be moving on from this place you are at now. Are you staying for a year or more or just need to do something in case you are stuck staying where you are at for a while?
What I see from your blog is you are blasting off in all directions and trying to do everything at once and no one I know can keep that up for long and stay healthy mentally or physically.
Take a deep breathe and work what you can do. Tanker may need some time to adapt or learn his new limits. You will need time to adapt as well as your whole way of life is changing.
Write out a list of goals where you and Tanker want to be in 2 or 5 years. Or whatever timeline works for you be it 6 months or 20 years. Set some goals that can be met that work toward your end goals.
This is your life to do what you will so be still and listen to God or your inner self. If you could do anything what would you do?
Change is just change and if Tanker needs a little space so be it. I see no great gift of loving to be around idiots or putting up with them.
I never was in a combat zone but I was medically discharged and went through that VA process and if you need a some info I'll be happy to help. I also did the SSD when my CIDP hit so I have little knowledge working with them as well.
You are not alone and all of us hit a poopy mood sometimes. That's what blogs are for getting it out of our system.
I'm not sure how much help I can be but if you all need a little electronic shoulder to whine, piss and moan about the Army and the VA I have been there and done that. My email is jlsim66 at yahoo.com and I have a blog http://myadventuresinselfreliance.
wordpress.com
I don't know if we can help but you are not alone.

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts. --Edmund Burke