Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Findiing Joy.....

today I was reminded that even though I don't think so all the time, my life is good.

It is good because I was fortunate enough to be born in a country that (for now) allows me to speak my mind without fear (which I'm likely to do anyway, Right or no).  I've got lights that come on at the flip of a switch to read by (candles on standby should I choose that route).  I've got clean running water that appears at the twist of a knob.  I've got a roof and walls to protect me from the elements, bugs and beasts of Nature.  I've got a man that loves me....kids that love me most of the time (dang that whole being a parent and not a best friend).

We don't have a lot of money, but we do not want for anything.

Life, here in the Ozarks, is good.

And I'm grateful.

No comments:

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts. --Edmund Burke