Ladies and Gentlemen:
A Garden Update
I have been invaded. Well, okay…not me personally but close enough. At my request, butternut squash was added to the garden this year. I bought the seeds, handed them off to the father figure and let him go. Unfortunately, father figure thought that more is best and planted 10 (yes TEN) hills (or whatever you want to call them). At this very moment, there are about 20 butternut squash that are just a few days from picking and probably close to 100 in various stages of growth. Invaded!!
Don’t even get me started on the tomatoes…cucumbers…pumpkins. The first crop of zukes didn’t do to well, only 4 hills survived long enough to bear and of those two are now defunct. Never fear…there is a whole new set (12 hills) that should start bearing soon. Green beans…not so many as last year, but then Pops didn’t put out as many either.
Back at the townhouse:
Six tomato plants, spinach and random leaf lettuces thrive in a big square pot. Two cuke vines hang above…nothing bearing anything…except the spinach and lettuce, of course.
Thus ends the garden update!!
Now, onto a few things I’ve been pondering…besides the meaning of life and our blue marble’s place in the universe...I’ve been having some random jumping around thoughts and thought I’d just toss them out in a list.
• One semester into school and I’m already rethinking my major…typical.
• I read entirely too much…books, blogs, newspapers, websites, opinion columns
• Closed captioning cracks me up…seriously. It’s best on commercials, by the way.
• What would it be like to go on a ghost hunt? To actually seek out spirits instead accidentally running into them at odd times?
• The spousal unit is actually pretty funny and witty…either I’ve rubbed off on him or he’s coming out of his shell after almost 14yrs together.
• The eldest screamer’s school supply list is redonkulous….I really don’t understand why these things are required in order to teach him: wet wipes, 2 boxes of tissue, 1 box of 13 gallon Glad trash bags (please note the BRAND name is listed). Thinking the 1st grade list is even worse with serious name brands on there and specific colors of certain things. Really thinking that we may go ahead and homeschool after all.
• Why does the youngest screamer speak like a kid from Beantown? You should hear him say girl, car and beer…you’d think we lived in Boston.
• We need to go camping or hiking or something…okay, I need to…but every single time we make plans, something happens. Guess we need to stop planning.
• I need to meditate more. All these random thoughts hit twenty at a time it seems and I forget half of them before I have time to think them through. Got to calm the crazy.
Ahh the random madness…what would my life be without it?
Find a Post
#TBT a little of the herbal animals assistance awards banks BOB books budget bugs buh-bye car cash only diet cats celebrity crap change charity chickens confessions construction contest cool credit creepy daddy damn dodge debt redux decisions decisions dietary changes dog dreams eggs exercise family farmer's market female related fitness schmitness flashback food freebies friends frustrations fun garden gee shucks Germany germie germ germs giveaway gluten free good things green paper ruler greenhouse happiness health helping hands highly opininated holidays homeschooling homestead house hunting insanity job journey to me kindle kitchen-y stuff life goes on linkage military mind and body mo moving MSM nature news obsessions off-grid old posts need love too packing pages PANIC pantry parenting pasture pictures plans political/world stuff possible mindless ramblings prepping projects rabbits randomness rant reading recipes reviews sadness sarcasm scary stuff school screamers seeds self-education selling crap shopping sick sickness storage stupid stuff done stupidity survival technology television weather work wtf