Friday, September 5, 2008

It's not TEOTW afterall

That was the first thought that popped in my head the day after the great DSL loss fiasco. We've lowered our phone bill by $30 by dropping it and using limited dial-up, I've kept busy anyway with homeschool and canning (that will be a MASSIVE post in and of itself).

Today is a reflection on life without steady internet...it's amazing, it goes on...wow! After having the net for so long, I thought I would have a major withdrawal period, not so. I went right on with life, even found that I actually had more time on my hands to get busy with the important things without this little distraction. True, I could not research things like I was used to or even keep up with news like I was accustomed, but I got by quite well. I even scored some serious goodies for FREE by just being out and about in our little town. A feat I attempted in order to keep the screamers happy and myself sane.

At any rate, things are semi-back to normal around here. The limited connection will keep me in the happy with some access and keep me happy with free time too. I still have a lot to do after all and well the net just doesn't get the dishes done!

2 comments:

WrethaOffGrid said...

I feel exactly the same way about TV, where I live now, it's impossible to pick up anything with rabbit ears, you have to get satellite, I REFUSE to pay for TV, it's such a time waster, I do get my TV fix in but it's no more than once a week, when I do laundry at my neighbor's house. I find myself watching it all day over there, so I know if I had it at my house, I would spend way too much time watching... honestly, I don't even miss it, now my internet, that is a different story! It's our entertainment, our only source of communication and I do make a tiny bit of money on line, plus all the information I am able to glean...

Glad you were able to live without the constant connection... :)

Wretha

Jess (Ozark Momma) said...

It's rough, don't get me wrong, but I'm muddling through!

I think of it as a form of prepping, lol.

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts. --Edmund Burke