Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Watching CNN...

International (of course)...not so much controlled, imo.

I don't know what's top news there, but here the headlines are insane. Israel, Egypt, Gaza, the Koreas, China, Japan, the Euro and the German Presidental resignation and of course, BP and the Gulf...I'm exhausted just trying to keep up with that. Throw two little wild men into the mix along with school work (papers, presentations, etc) and the house...yeah, I'm tired.

But enough of my exhaustion...I want to know how your gardens grow? As I have no yard, no balcony and no place but some fairly narrow window sills in which to grow veggies, I am having garden withdrawals. I could totally grow tomatoes or something in the window sills, but the weather around here has been so freakish that I don't know how well they'd do. Very wet and pretty doggone cold for late May-going into June. So the sills are filled with petunias (bonus of having a ground floor).

Of course, all this really means is that I won't be canning this year unless the fruit/veg at the local market is so spectacular that I simply cannot pass up buying bushels of it (I have yet to be impressed but know I could be so if I took the trip to Frankfurt). Okay, fine...give me more time to explore the local locale and get to know the locals better, lol.

So, go on...brag on your gardens!

2 comments:

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Eating fresh green beans tonight-- I picked a mere 13 oz. yesterday. The tomatoes pictured in my blog are in a container, so don't give up! HA! Best of wishes on the future gardens!

Jess (Ozark Momma) said...

Aye, Cyg...I saw that garden that has taken thee over! Nice!! Alas, I am afraid that any tomatoes that go "out" here will not be out...they will have to reside on the inside window sill for fear of the lovely plunging nighttime temps in these mountains.

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts. --Edmund Burke