Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Preaching to the Choir...

in hopes that someone not part of the choir will stumble in.

You'd have to blind to not see the division in this country...too many are, unfortunately.  The people of the States filling petitions for secession are part of the voice ignored by the government.  The election was not a "landslide" as I've heard from many MSM sources...a landslide would indicate that O received well over 50% of the vote...he did not.

My Facebook feed has been burning up with sniping comments from one side to the other (and visa versa) and it's disturbing to see my somewhat normal friends become venomous bile spewing fanatics.  It brings that country wide division into glaring focus.

I've attempted to keep my comments to a minimum...not really posting for one side or the other as I fully believe both are wrong (p.s.  I deplore the 2 party good ol' boy system).  I've watched with increasing dismay as my friends have rather brutally verbally attacked one another...and it has served to strengthen my resolve.

This, my dear readers, is no time to become lax or complacent. Winter is harsh enough without these issues and divisions...this winter looks to be harsher still.  Once the holiday season has passed, I look for much of the country to lose its mind all over again.  I could be wrong but the ball of foreboding in the pit of my stomach makes the possibilities difficult to ignore.
The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts. --Edmund Burke