Sunday, January 15, 2012

Um...Wow!

Sorry I've been incredibly MIA...things are still crazy, we're still in Germany (obviously) and still awaiting orders back to the States.  Could be NC, could be TX or could be GA.  Yeah, they so aren't sending us back to MO (surprise, surprise).  Still don't know when...could be 2 months, could be 3 weeks, could be less.  So essentially we are living in perpetual limbo.  I'm sadly getting used to it.

It's rough, honestly, not knowing.  Harder on the kids knowing that we'll be leaving, just not knowing when.  Hard on me with planning out my classes and hard on Soldier on so many levels.  The whole not knowing is seriously a pain in the ass with any kind of planning to be honest.  Even the should be simple stuff like grocery shopping.  I know it sounds weird, but it is.  We could come down on orders and be gone in 3 weeks or less if they want it so...and I've seen a few friends get the "less" bit...like 8 working days.  Not so easy when everything around here closes not only on US holidays but German ones as well.

Anyway, we're still alive...still kicking...still waiting. 

1 comment:

Adventures in Self Reliance said...

It's not wasted time though a pain in the butt. Your disability amount is based on years of service. I think I told you my Med file got caught in the DC post office anthrax scare of 2001-2002. 2-5 years is not all that odd for a disability/medical out and trust me stretch it out time wise. There is a big difference in payout between 8 years and 10 years and 10 and 15 years. You get to 15 years and your man could hand out basketballs at the post gym and get 20 year retirement.
Stay strong! this to shall pass.

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts. --Edmund Burke