Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Small Rant Regarding the "Stepping in It" Post...

Did what needed to be done and while the situation will eventually be dealt with (hopefully sooner rather than later) I'm still dealing with control freak and the issues. So here is the rant:

Dear You (if you found this, you know who you are),

I do not have time for your paranoid psychosis and controlling manners. There is a fine line that divides what we as leaders can and cannot do...you consistently cross that line into the area in which you do not belong. There are only so many times I can say "you can't do that" or "this is how we have to go about it" before it becomes robotic sounding and starts to piss me off. We are co-, which means equal...not me playing "yes ma'am" to your "do this." That being said...your husband wears the rank, not you. You want the rank, enlist. And finally, until you have the PhD in your hand and are cleared to counsel people, please do not counsel people on their personal problems. It's not your job. There are people that get paid to do that already.

Signed,

Me

P.S. Read the damn handbook and regs...they're there for a reason.




Whew.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Having been a dependent, a military spouse, and an enlisted soldier, I can only imagine what brought on this post, and it doesn't look so good. I love the reminder that the soldier wears the rank and not the spouse :). As a soldier, I saw some of this with the officer's wives. I mean, seriously? Give me a break. I salute him. You? Not so much.

Jess (Ozark Momma) said...

Affirmative Wendy...it ain't good! Imagine it: LT's wife...they've been together for 5 yrs, married 1yr. Psych major going for her Masters, currently just a few months shy of the practicum and internship. Control freak, loud, has a solution for everything and pretty much does NOT care what the regs are...even once made the comment that she "would make the guys" (i.e. Soldiers in the plt her hubby commands) move her....yeah, that bad.

I got some sage advice from a former FRG leader last night. "Time to walk away, Jess. She'll either succeed or fail, but my guess is given her age and attitude...this one (meaning this FRG) will be a fail regardless of how hard you try to make it work. So save yourself the stress and heartache. Walk away."

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts. --Edmund Burke